Inside Yummie's Recipe Box: Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich
With things heating up, what’s the one Yummie summer staple you feel like every woman should have in their closet?
Alicia: The Ruby Bodysuit in all colors!
You previously mentioned that you were trying out new recipes during quarantine - were you successful?
Alicia: Sourdough bread was a big fail for me but I have come to terms with it and moved on. I have been making a lot of homemade pickles and just did pickled zucchini as well. I've also made a spicy ginger syrup so that I can make homemade ginger beer!
Are there any exciting fall activities you are looking forward to?
Alicia: Apple picking so I can make a delicious homemade pie!
- What inspired you to make this dish?
Alicia: My birthday 😊 I had wanted an ice cream cake but have 0 room in my small freezer so when I came up with this, it filled my craving and space issue.
- Are there any featured Yummie recipes that you’re looking to try?
Alicia: Christina’s Eggplant Parm and Artur’s French 75!
- 2 ½ cups flour (I use 1 ¼ whole wheat & 1 ¼ all-purpose white)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup softened salted butter
- ¾ cup sugar (I use organic Trader Joes cane sugar)
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Mix flour and baking soda in a small bowl
- In a larger mixing bowl cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix, then mix in the eggs one at a time followed by the chips. When fully mixed add the flour in gradually (I usually do in 4’s)
- For the ice cream sandwiches I made a bigger cookie than normal, about 2 ½ tbs and baked for about 11 mins (if just making regular cookies: 1 tbs for 8 mins)
- To make the sandwiches: let the ice cream get a bit soft so that you can spread in between 2 cookies.
- Individually wrap in parchment paper and let set in the freezer
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag us on Instagram!
What are you cooking during this time? Let us know! You might inspire us to make some of your favorite recipes!