Inside Yummie's Recipe Box: Chocolate Mousse
To celebrate the launch of our new delicious color, Decadent Chocolate, Alicia, VP of Merchandising and Design, is bringing you the most decadent dessert to treat yourself!
- 8 oz good quality dark chocolate
- ¼ c superfine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp dark rum ** optional
- 1 c heavy cream, gently whipped
- Heat a small pot filled half way with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and put a heat proof bowl in the pot (make sure that water isn’t touching the bowl)
- Melt the dark chocolate and then set to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until they become a light yellow and increase in volume.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture with a metal spoon along with the rum until well incorporated.
- Set aside to cool further and then mix in the whipped cream.
- You can either divide into individual cups or put all in a bowl and then let set for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Check out some of Alicia's other recipes here and if you make this recipe, please remember to tag us on Instagram! What are you cooking during this time? Let us know! You might inspire us to make some of your favorite recipes!